Essential Travel Accessories
It seems every other month I experience a bit of wanderlust. I can’t help it…there are so many amazing places to visit. I know some of you know from previous posts, that my darling husband and I were lucky enough to travel around the world a few years back. It was one of the most amazing experiences of my life, and I’m constantly wanting to do it all over again. Can you guess what I was asked the most?
“How do you pack for such a long trip?”
That’s another post! But, whether I’m traveling for a big vacation or a short business trip there are a few accessories I always like to have in my carry-on.
1. A great carry-on bag. Besides just using this bag on the airplane to carry all of my essential accessories, I choose a bag that I can easily bring poolside or to dinner. A classic black bag with a bit of sparkle will be ready for anything.
2. Colorful wrap. I always seem to be cold on airplanes so I always have a wrap in my bag to use as a cozy blanket. A fun printed, gauzy scarf is perfect for summer travels as it can be worn as a sarong by the pool or paired with your favorite sundress for dinner. It’s also a great way to add color to your travel wardrobe if you just pack one bag (like I do) to change up your looks.
3. Travel size perfume. I love perfume. It can change your mood instantly with just one spray. I have so many favorite scents, but since I never check a bag I can’t travel with my large bottles. Currently my favorite scent is by Kilian called “Don’t be Shy.” It’s absolutely intoxicating. Thankfully they have a beautiful travel size of the scent with refillable containers so you never run out.
4. Hand sanitizer. Traveling can be a bit gross at times with having to touch things that others have touched before you. Ok, so I might have a slight obsession with clean hands! I was introduced to the Eve Echo line last year and instantly fell in love. Besides delicious smelling hand soaps, they have traveling hand sanitizers that don’t use alcohol like most other brands do. So your hands are clean and soft. You can always find one in my bag. And the cherry on top is that proceeds help fund loans to women living in challenging economies. Amazing product and cause!
5. Sunnies. It goes without saying that sunnies go hand in hand with traveling. I’m currently loving my Stella McCartney’s, simple yet modern.
6. Journal. In this modern age of technology and capturing everything on an iSomething I still like old-school pen and paper. I have journals from my travels that I go back to reference some of the best places I found to eat or stay. Or where I found that hidden gem of boutique. I also like to keep tickets and other keepsakes in the same place.
7. iPad. And jumping from old-school to today, I would be lost without my iPad. I get caught up on my reading on the plane and even get in some work if I’m feeling the need. It’s my portable entertainment.
8. Luxe City Guides. Anytime I travel to a new city that has a Luxe City Guide I’m so excited. They are the best guides you will find and small enough to fit into a pocket or purse without lugging around a 5lb. book. They highlight the best the city has to offer. These guides are a must when traveling. They are updated regularly. Most of the guides are offered as as app as well, so if you tight on space (not that they take up much) just download the city guide straight to your phone.
So where are you traveling this summer? Share your answers below.